As a Society, we strive to equip our members with the skills and experiences needed to achieve long-term success in their professional careers. Through our Vocational Portfolio we help members develop their personal passions, networks, and expertise in a way that marks them as well-rounded and highly employable graduates. Some of the Portfolio’s key initiatives include:
- contributing to the Society’s fortnightly newsletter to help keep members informed of jobs, internships and advice
- providing networking opportunities learn from employers and other students
- developing strong transferrable skills through sponsoring teams in a range of competitions
The Publications Portfolio is at the heart of what we do as a Society, and is concerned with improving the academic and intellectual experience of our members. The Publications Portfolio is responsible for a number of the Society’s major events and initiatives, such as:
- Statecraft, the Society’s flagship publication, which publishes student work weekly and collates the best pieces into a yearly print issue.
- The annual Statecraft Lecture, which brings high-profile academics and public figures to St. Lucia to speak to the most prominent issues of the day.
- Our Academic Discussion Panels featuring notable UQ academics and thought leaders who endeavour to elevate discourse on campus.
The Society thrives off of a strong sense of cohort. The Socials Portfolio strives to connect students with their peers and create strong friendships that will persist beyond university. Key undertakings of the Engagement Portfolio include:
- Collaborating with other student societies on our launch party ever year.
- Organising the renowned PPE Soirée, our cost-effective cocktail event.
- Co-ordinating the Society’s social sport teams.
- Hosting our First-Year and Valedictory Dinners, bookending each academic year.
Diversity & Wellbeing
The Society’s Diversity & Wellbeing Portfolio is dedicated to upholding the Society’s Equity Policy and ensuring the Society remains an inclusive and safe space for our members to engage with one another. In addition, the Portfolio handles intra-Society grievance resolution, ensures the safety of attendees at all of our events, and proactively advocates for inclusion and diversity.
Copyright UQPPES 2020. Website designed by Matthew Costello.